Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Morning time visitor

Scribs was going to ask me if I wanted him to let the chickens out before he left for work. My answer would have been "No, I don't think the nocturnal predators are sleeping yet." Behold exhibit A. 


Oh, how cute! I looks like a dog. Yeah and then it'll eat the whole flock.


The coyote was 10-20 ft from the coop around 5 this morning. I watched it scurry away back into the bushes near the river.


A little while later I saw it again. I went inside, put my camera together and shot these. They aren't the best photos but I didn't want to get too close. It was visibly limping, as if a coyote wasn't dangerous enough I wasn't about to get anywhere near an injured one. It was just looking for an easy meal. We'll see if it comes back tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment