Friday, June 12, 2015

14 week old chickens. These girls aren't peepers anymore!

The girls were eager to get out this morning. They didn't even wait for me to fill the tub and waterers.

14 week Red Sex Link

Not too much new to report. Ragnar is working on crowing, one of the ducks insists on flying out of the coop and into the water, scaring the other duck whom then runs through the fence. Nancy Drew gets a little obstinate at bed time. I put her in the coop, grab another chicken and she's back out again. Silly chicken.

flying leap

Swimming

Khaki Campbell

The elusive Cuckoo Chanel has made an appearance outside a few times a day for the last 2 days. She finally gets it! 

14 week pullet

A neighbors dog was standing watch the girls the other day. If it's from the house I think it's from then they have free-range chickens (and dogs. Don't get me started on that one!). I'm not overly worried about it. I do need to go over there and have a neighborly chat about keeping their animals and themselves off my property.

On to the pictures!



14 weeks

around 4 months

These girls are becoming more and more chicken like. Poor Peepers doesn't come out much and when she does gets chased around by Nancy Drew. Maybe once they have more room they'll be better. They are fine while in the coop. I can't wait for these girls to start laying.


No comments:

Post a Comment