Sunday, March 6, 2016

Cost per dozen eggs for February

raising chickens


Holy Moly, I don't know what happened to February! It was a busy month, we were very productive, and so were the girls. They laid 185 eggs! No one did anything stupid like get hurtting or eaten, there's a plus! They spent a lot of time outside and we are now getting nearly 12 hours of day light.  The longer days and bugs to eat outside is definitely helping with egg production.The girls have been digging around the garden and have finally figured out that rainy days means the driveway is covered with worms.

This month I spent $23.85 on feed. Thanks to a 10% off sale, I bought enough for the month. I will have to get more in the next day or two. I've been using straw in the coop instead of shavings. I'm not sure how I feel about this one, I think it'll decompose faster in the composter then the wood shavings. We shall see.

I made a whooping $37 in egg sales. Hello in the green for the first time! Everyone paid their tab by the of the month.

So here we go, each dozen eggs made $0.84, that's a first for us!


And now to decided more chicks or not...


No comments:

Post a Comment