Friday, February 12, 2016

Finished! Denali Sweater!

Here it is! It's finished! My Denali Sweater by Brooklyn Tweed out in the wild surrounded by feral children, beautiful snow capped mountains and a dormant berry field. Such a terrible back drop, let me tell you!


This sweater has been out and about a few times. Scribs wore it to work and no one believed I had made it. So there's that. I asked Scribs for comment his response "It's great!" Well ok then. 


This has been finished for a while, but it has been so rainy (and flooded) we couldn't get out to get a good photo until a few days ago. 60 degrees, not a cloud in the sky! 


Overall, I'd say I'm about 90% happy with the finished product. I should have made the ribbing and sleeves smaller, and I'm not crazy about the saddle at the shoulders. But when it's all said and done, I'm not complaining. I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Gosling, size 6 for the body and 5s for the ribs. Next time I'd use 4 or smaller and probably add some stitches for the ribbing. 


I honestly can't believe that it's finished. I feel like I was working on it forever!

Interested in how this all came together? Here's all my wips! (1, 2, 3, & 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment