Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Garden update for July

Vegetable garden

It's been about a month since I've update you on the garden. We are in zucchini heaven (or hell depending how you look at it) I'm picking between 6-12 a day. This week I've shredded, portioned and froze 10 cups. I still need to chop and freeze the other 12 sitting on my counter. Everyday that it isn't 80 degrees plus I've been baking something with zucchini in it.

July Garden update

We have a ton of green tomatoes just waiting to ripen. We've eaten about 5 thus far. They are delicious! I can't wait to eat them!




There is going to be a ton of photos to follow, they aren't all pretty. You've been warned!




The cucumbers, pumpkins and the rest of the squash are spreading, choking out weeds with their vines and have a ton of vegetables!


We had out first spaghetti squash last week! I've never had fresh from the garden before and it was heaven. It released more water than I was expecting while roasting but aside from that, perfect






Our beans and peas are on round 2, I can't wait for more peas!



1 found 3 onions in my onion row, I thought they had all been eaten by rabbits! 3 left to me babied! 



The peppers are coming back! They are making a comeback! I thought for sure they were gone-ers! The plant at the top was all but a stem a few months ago. We'll see if the peppers make it to be edible.





Knee high by July indeed! The corn is growing! Of course it is nothing compared to the corn farms around here. I'm not sure what kind of super corn they're growing that is already as tall as I am, well maybe I have some idea, but my little corn is doing just fine and dandy thank you very much.


My poor bug-eaten Brussel sprouts. I'm not sure if they're going to make it (see the theme of my garden, who'll make it). I'm still rooting for you to make it! 


Our carrots are doing really well, they aren't quite ready yet. I pulled one while weeding and it was only about 3". I hadn't noticed this hollowed out carrot until I went out to take pictures. Upon closer inspection of the photos, there are tiny orange bugs on the first one, I'm assuming they are the culprit. 




The bug snack-bar after math. 


I was going to wait until I had finished weeding the WHOLE garden to take pictures, but you know what? I keep saying let's be real and this is the not-so-pretty reality. I'm doing the best I can, and some times (ok often) the weeds get missed and are taking over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment