Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The things we do for an attempt at a photo.

I took the dog out to pee this morning and for some reason decided to take her out behind the barn. To my surprise my buddy the great blue heron was on top of the barn in the moonlight.
Let me set the scene, it's 6:45 am, it has been raining for the last day. The ground is soaked, worms and very bugs squiggling around and here I am trying to get my camera settings right while trying to get a picture of this bird. Did I bring a tripod, nope that would have taken too long and been the right way to do it. So I'm laying on the ground, getting wet whilst trying (poorly) to steady my camera.


A little blurry, not what I was hoping for but there he is. I think he was just waiting for me to take his photo. I guess that's the risk you take photographing nature, by the time you get everything just right your subject has flown into the night.

One day I'll know my camera and settings well enough to have everything just so before heading outside (even if it's just for a few minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment