Thursday, February 12, 2015

My breakfast recipe Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal

I eat oatmeal for breakfast 363 days a year. I spent most of the last 4 years being pregnant, nursing and worrying about milk supplies.
I wasn't a big fan of oatmeal until recent years, every Saturday at work in Providence, my co-workers and I would get a BUCKET oatmeal with about a cup of berries and 1/4 cup brown sugar from Meeting Street Cafe and that would last most of the day.

Eating the same thing everyday gets boring, even for a mono-eater like myself. I've added pumpkin, apples, jellies and jams but my favorite is banana, peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Here it is!
3/4 Cup oatmeal
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 Tsp peanut butter (Heaping)
1/2 frozen, over-ripe banana
6 chocolate chips. No more, no less!

Banana Chocolate Chip


Cook the oatmeal as per your preference. I use water (about 1/2 cup) and the same mug every day. 2 minutes in the microwave dump everything in and stir. Let it sit for 3-ish minutes.

I know 6 chocolate chips seems odd, but it give it just enough chocolatey goodness without overpowering everything else. I figure if I'd eating chocolate for breakfast everything had better be good. And it's still delicious without the chocolate chips. I make this for house guests the first morning and this is usually the only thing they eat for breakfast. I'm hungry now!

What are you eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment