Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Posting pictures of your kids online

The other day while reading one of the blogs I read regularly, there was a post about someone stealing photos of their children passing them off as their own (it has since been taken down). This just reaffirms my decision not post pictures of my kids and stick to it! Once my kids are old enough to make a decision as to what about them is online, thats their choice.

I have no idea what kind of person does that, tries to pass off someone else's kids as their own. Why? Is there so little going on in your life that you need attention online from strangers commenting on your fictional family?

I love reading family blogs with great pictures of their kids and I think I'm going to have to work extra hard to attract traffic here. Who doesn't love pictures of cute squishy babies and kids doing cute and hilarious things.

I'm certainly not saying theres anything wrong with posting pictures of your kids. It's hard not to! I know how sickened I felt just from reading about someone stealing photos I can't imagine how I'd feel if it were my own kids.

I don't consider myself to be easily shocked or offended but this seems crazy to me. You want to be a loser and catfish people with pictures you stole, go nuts but to do it with children and a fake family, that's messed up. This seems like the online equivalent baby snatching.

No comments:

Post a Comment