Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Great-Aunt Barbara

I found out this morning that my Great-Aunt Barbara died last week in her sleep. Can't really ask for a more peaceful way to go. My heart is heavy and my emotions are very raw.  I've been crying on and off most of the day. Although I haven't seen her in about 10 years, I have wonderful, joyful memories of her. I'm not sure what I believe in terms of afterlife but I'm hoping she's reunited with my Great-uncle and her sisters.

I don't deal with death very well, I get very upset and pretty fall apart which doesn't work when you've got two little kids that depend on you.

Great-Aunt


This is how I will remember my Great-Aunt (on the left with my Granny). Being Great. Her dress is pretty amazing, right? I have no idea where this picture was taken but it makes me smile.

Everything I write to conclude this feels cliché and fake.

I'm done.



No comments:

Post a Comment