Wednesday, December 9, 2015

wip wednesday toddler hoodie


Cherry Tree Hill Knitpicks


I've started working on this raglan toddler hoodie  for Nature Baby. I needed something simple to work on while my stress level was through the roof. Nature Baby could always use another hoodie, those kids get so dirty! 

Knitting hoodie

I cast on using left over KnitPicks Brava and decided to double up Cherry Tree Hill's supersock DK in For The King for the ribbing. I am not crazy about the color way of the ribbing. Nature Baby loves it so I can't complain. I've been sitting on two hanks for years, I wanted some color, so why not! I don't think I'll have enough yarn left to make the hood, we'll see! I'm using slightly larger needles to make the size slightly larger than the 24 months size. I'm using size 9s for the body and 7s for the ribbing. Nature baby isn't wearing 24 months/2T, she'll be able wear this sweater next year too. She knows the sweater is for her, any time I pull it out to do some work she says "Sweatshirt, for me?" and she tries to help. She'll be picking up stitches before she's 5, I'm sure.

I'm not usually one to have more than one project on the go, when I look at other people's multiple WIPs I think "How? Why?" but now I get it. I see the light! Check out my other WIP!

What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment