Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Old McScribs had a farm, E-I-E-I-O!

This year we set very specific goals for our family. 2014 is the year of the Scribs! Most importantly was to:
Move to a new state - Done.
Buy a house - Done. We bought the farm. Literately.

We've got space and lots of it, but what to do with it and where to start? Chickens and a giant garden are our main goals for the spring. We'd like to have our living room finished before Thanksgiving since we'll have guests.

This was be our second move in 6 months, with two kids under 3 and working on potty training. We must be crazy! Surprisingly, it went pretty smoothly. Nothing was broken, we found almost everything and meltdowns were minimal. Minimal, of course that means often and over the top dramatic.

I'm hoping by mid-september we'll be settled enough to start doing some of the fun stuff. Painting the living room is on the top of our list. The wallpaper has come down already. Let me tell you that wall paper and trim was something special! We just started with paint samples, there will be more on that later.

We've been renting since we got married and really have yet to make any of the houses our own. I've got 2 kid's rooms to decorate for the first time. I've been pinning ever so much that I want to do! The challenge is going to be choosing what to do, where to start and to set a budget.

We've been here for about 2 weeks now and I've gotta say there is so much to do and I can't wait to see what our house and farm will become.

I get up even earlier than I did before, 5:30 am most days to get myself ready, do some of the never ending laundry and have a cup (or two) of coffee. The best part has been the sunrise and the misty field. Waking up with this every morning hasn't been too terrible!





We're just starting our farm journey, I'm so excited to learn along the way. Hopefully we don't mess anything up too badly! What is your top proprieties after moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment