Wednesday, December 9, 2015

wip Wednesday denali Sweater part 3

Here we are, for the third installment of WIP the Denali Sweater. I've actually made some progress despite having a ridiculously crazy, stressful month. 
As you can see I've nearly finished the front (on the left beside the blocked back). You can see the difference blocking makes, for you non-knitters I might as well be speaking Mandarin. 


I'm still really enjoying this sweater! It's simple enough that I don't have to pay too much attention, thanks in part to using 35 stitch markers. The next row is dividing for the collar and shoulders. I even did all the proper decreases like a big girl. If I have the energy I should be able to finish the front before next weekend. I hope. We'll see, we have a ton going on in the next few weeks. 


I was so excited to be finished one of the sleeves. I worked on it while I was away but in the process I guess I wasn't measuring properly and it was about 4" too long. Good job dumb dumb. I'll have to rip it back once it has dried. At least it's easy to get straight stocking stitches back on the needles. 
For once, I've been keeping track on ravelry and I've used over 1100 yards of yarn. Scribs jokes that he'll unravel the whole thing at which point I may or may not use a knitting needle as a weapon. 


In case you're wondering, here's part 1 and 2. This may be my last WIP for this project!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to have to borrow this sweater some :) My guys never wear sweaters. But the last time I took my son shopping, I found I was looking at the stuff he was buying as if it would eventually be mine. And it probably will because he's still growing. This has opened up a whole new world of manipulative shopping. Kidding, but I do inherit lots of goofy t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete