Monday, June 6, 2016

Cost per dozen for May 2016

backyard flock cost per dozen


I'm pretty sure I say this every month, but how is it June already? I feel like I have a million and a half things to get done before next week. Oh well, so it goes.

May was a pretty good laying month, a really good selling month, almost no left over eggs to speak of and almost everyone is paid up. Sounds good to me!
Someone who shall remain nameless is broody. Again. She is cracking eggs. Again. And covered in egg gunk. again. she really needs a bath on of these days. I'm not thrilled about it, but at least no one was eaten. No eagle attacks, no predator attacks of any kind.

The girls laid 214 eggs, (17.83 dozen) I sold $57, spent $55.76 and made a whole $1.24 for my troubles. I'm not complaining, the girls pay for our eggs and their feed.

They have been making their way into the garden, which means I need to finish putting up the fence and they're traveling to the neighbors yards. I should just build them a run and call it a day but I like them roaming around and eating whatever they'd like.


No comments:

Post a Comment